Buxton School is seeking to hire a Director of Development. The director of development is responsible for both fundraising and alumni relations, as well as working with the school’s administration to promote and protect the school. The director of development runs the school’s annual fundraising campaign, as well as helping to plan and run other fundraising efforts—including a capital campaign. We are seeking a team player who is comfortable working with a wide variety of school constituents, from current students to members of the board, from alumni to faculty.
The Director of Development will (among other things):
• Design, implement, and manage all fundraising activities including the annual Buxton Fund and coordinating the annual yearbook solicitation with the senior class, special projects and other school-related solicitations.
• Support capital and endowment campaigns, while working closely with the president of the board, trustee committees, the school’s administration, and, possibly, outside consultants.
• Develop strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation, and relations
• Manage alumni relations including outreach, engagement, communications and events, such as the biennial June Reunion at Buxton, annual Buxton in NYC, regional gatherings
• Help maintain and update development- and alumni-relations-related website content, and manage internal website data
• Help with constituent communications including printed Newsletter, Annual Report, e-Newsletter, informational email blasts, and the school’s social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
• Set internal infrastructure, systems and policies for the office and its database
• Attend all Board meetings and present Development report at each
• Participate as a member of the administrative staff team
• Supervise the Assistant to the Director of Development (who manages the school’s alumni database among other duties)
Preferred Qualifications: Familiarity with Microsoft Office, technology, social media, and other communications, experience with databases and educational institutions a plus. Some evenings, weekends and travel required. We seek candidates who have the ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously, manage the details and the big picture, with excellent communication skills, flexibility, a sense of humor and commitment to the school community.
To apply: Please send resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and contact information for 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, target start date is Aug 1-Aug 15.